Welcome Cookified One!
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 I'm New Here.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Veronica

avatar

Posts : 3
Join date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: I'm New Here.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:59 am

Hi, my name is Veronica and I am crazy about anthing that has the name David Cook in it. Liked him from the start and voted like crazy for him and bought all his stuff off of iTunes and even Analog Heart. I just got an iPod for XMas and had nothing on it but then came Cook. That boy is costing me tons of money.

I would like to just talk DC and hear what other people are hearing and specifically if people go to the Idol Tour concerts. I'm planning to go to one in August at the Verizon Center here in Washington, DC., on 14 August. Spent a bundle on them from Stub Hub because I wanted good seats. I bought it before he won and I was really going to be upset if he "didn't sing last."

I guess I am one of the "mature" females (cougars) whatever that is. Tired of going on blogs where Archuleta fans invade and attack and just enjoy conversations about Cook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ730
Admin
avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-05-30
Location : Grand Canyon state

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:29 am

Veronica wrote:
Hi, my name is Veronica and I am crazy about anthing that has the name David Cook in it. Liked him from the start and voted like crazy for him and bought all his stuff off of iTunes and even Analog Heart. I just got an iPod for XMas and had nothing on it but then came Cook. That boy is costing me tons of money.

I would like to just talk DC and hear what other people are hearing and specifically if people go to the Idol Tour concerts. I'm planning to go to one in August at the Verizon Center here in Washington, DC., on 14 August. Spent a bundle on them from Stub Hub because I wanted good seats. I bought it before he won and I was really going to be upset if he "didn't sing last."

I guess I am one of the "mature" females (cougars) whatever that is. Tired of going on blogs where Archuleta fans invade and attack and just enjoy conversations about Cook.

Hi Veronica!

Welcome to DC Talk! Love your avatar! Yes, I certainly know what you mean. Cookie has made all previously non-obsessive fans go overboard and want to get everything and anything about him! That's the kind of magical spell he has on all us fans! Thank goodness for sites like Steve's DC Collective where we can read scans of magazines (generously shared by other Cookaholics) instead of having to shell out money for a page or two Smile

You will definitely get plenty of DC Talk here! We try our best to give you the latest news. I stay away from personal gossip and focus on the music and appearances/performances. But you're welcome to post about anything else DC-related. Steve just started this forum not long ago and we're still building our membership.

I'm also a "mature" fan of the "female specie" (as Steve would put it), so you can rely on our shared perspective to feel free and post here about our favorite guy!

Hopefully, we'll get more fans who are attending the Idol concerts to pitch in and share their thoughts and reviews later on. I'm sure your good seat will be worth every penny!

Cheers,

CJ730

P.S. You would be a lot of fun at the Archie forum (Archie and Veronica, LOL)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve
Admin
avatar

Posts : 87
Join date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Veronica wrote:
Hi, my name is Veronica and I am crazy about anthing that has the name David Cook in it. Liked him from the start and voted like crazy for him and bought all his stuff off of iTunes and even Analog Heart. I just got an iPod for XMas and had nothing on it but then came Cook. That boy is costing me tons of money.

I would like to just talk DC and hear what other people are hearing and specifically if people go to the Idol Tour concerts. I'm planning to go to one in August at the Verizon Center here in Washington, DC., on 14 August. Spent a bundle on them from Stub Hub because I wanted good seats. I bought it before he won and I was really going to be upset if he "didn't sing last."

I guess I am one of the "mature" females (cougars) whatever that is. Tired of going on blogs where Archuleta fans invade and attack and just enjoy conversations about Cook.

Welcome to the group Verionica! Thanks for joining the mini board!

Im sure those good seats are worth it! Make sure you get to picture with DC, ok?

You and CJ730 here are gonna hit it off. I have this feeling you have the same views towards DC as a person, and as a celebrity. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://davidcook.oxyhost.com
freakbarbie



Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:18 am

hi ppls. i'm barbara. i'm from croatia.

my friend ananda is crazy about David Cook. She talk about him every day, every hour, every minute....

i'm sry, my english is not very good... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yiddidea

avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-06-24
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:46 am

Hey Veronica! I am in the DC area too. I haven't gotten tix for the Verizon Center show yet since all that are left are nosebleed seats or the stub hub crazy expensive ones. I have a feeling I will cave in eventually though. I have been looking at the Baltimore show too, since that arena has better seating. If I end up going to the DC show maybe we will see eachother. Wink

Hi Barbara! Welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yiddidea-icons.livejournal.com/
CJ730
Admin
avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-05-30
Location : Grand Canyon state

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 pm

freakbarbie wrote:
hi ppls. i'm barbara. i'm from croatia.

my friend ananda is crazy about David Cook. She talk about him every day, every hour, every minute....

i'm sry, my english is not very good... Embarassed

Hi, Barbara,

Welcome to DC Talk! Your English is quite good since I can understand everything that you wrote. So where is this crazy friend of yours, Ananda? If she wants to talk nothing but David Cook, then this is the right place to do that Laughing

It's great to hear that our favorite Idol has fans as far away as Croatia! Very Happy

CJ730
Back to top Go down
View user profile
freakbarbie



Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm

i know that =). i think that she is on another forum. but i shall her.

she couldn't watch american idol on tv, cause she doesn't have that program. and she watch a. idol on you Tube...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ730
Admin
avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-05-30
Location : Grand Canyon state

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:55 am

freakbarbie wrote:
i know that =). i think that she is on another forum. but i shall her.

she couldn't watch american idol on tv, cause she doesn't have that program. and she watch a. idol on you Tube...

You mean she became a fan solely from watching his performances on YouTube? Thank God for the Tube! What will we do without it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DavidRocks08



Posts : 1
Join date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi, my name is Lisa. I am from Alabama. I am a big fan of David. I think he is awsome. I am always looking up things on him to see how the concert is going for him and what all is going on with him. He just has me all cookied up!!I enjoy making new friends and listening to music and watch videos of David as much as I can! In a way I am a little shy at first so bare with me please. But I think I could come ut of my shell if talking about david is the subject. lol! Thanks for this website and hope to get to talk to some of you soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ730
Admin
avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-05-30
Location : Grand Canyon state

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:17 pm

DavidRocks08 wrote:
Hi, my name is Lisa. I am from Alabama. I am a big fan of David. I think he is awsome. I am always looking up things on him to see how the concert is going for him and what all is going on with him. He just has me all cookied up!!I enjoy making new friends and listening to music and watch videos of David as much as I can! In a way I am a little shy at first so bare with me please. But I think I could come ut of my shell if talking about david is the subject. lol! Thanks for this website and hope to get to talk to some of you soon.

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to DC Talk! Glad you found us. We love having new friends join us to share our love for David Cook. So you're a little shy? You've come to the right place since most of the members here are also "shy". As you can see/read, I do most of the "talking" Razz . One good thing about our board is that it's really cozy and easy to browse through. Some of the other forums would take you hours to read through a single thread, while others can get a bit too overwhelming to navigate through all the posts and visual onslaught of Cookie avatars and sigs , LOL
So relax, enjoy your visit and feel free to join in anytime.



A wonderful icon by Yiddidea to welcome you!

CJ730
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jodiiedc1



Posts : 1
Join date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: New Member   Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 am

Hi. My name is Jodie. I have joined a few other forums but tend to get shy and lurk. I'm really not shy by nature but even though I'm pretty 'puter literate (work and stuff) I never joined a forum until DC came along.

I was at the concert in Columbus on Sunday night and it was a great show. But, like you may have read elsewhere David seemed a bit "down" or something. I thought I was imagining things but then I read some of the goings on and it made sense. I hope he's not getting burned out already but who could keep up this pace for long (even at 25)?

Glad to be here and I will try to participate more than I am accustomed to doing.

Again, Hi to one and all.

Juicy Cougar#10 (from that other site)
:-)

Jodie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJ730
Admin
avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-05-30
Location : Grand Canyon state

PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi, Jodie,

A belated welcome!

CJ730
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I'm New Here.   

Back to top Go down
 
I'm New Here.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Cook Talk :: Introduce yourself!-
Jump to: