David Cook Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Cookified One!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Another Cookie Fan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deciphersomethinglegible

deciphersomethinglegible

Just Another Cookie Fan Empty
PostSubject: Just Another Cookie Fan   Just Another Cookie Fan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:49 am

hi! would've introduced myself as "another cougar" but i've read that i'm kinda young to be one...call me what you want...just don't call me an Archie! NO, i'm NOT an Archie-basher...just wondering why, when Cook's the whole package, WHY anyone would settle for an Idol who can only do ballads well...i realize our Cookie won but there were others who deserved to be there much longer than they were...
.............on a positive note...being the Bon Jovi fan that i am, i remember when a red-mohawked young man walked into the audition and announced he would be singing Livin on a Prayer (which turned out to be the Prayer 94 version)...all i kept saying was "PLEASE don't screw this up!!!" we all know how auditions go...anyway...after he started blowing it out, i changed my tune to "Ohhh, he's GOOOOD!" and i was hooked on Cook...i know, how original!!!
needless to say, i'm pretty STOKED about the outcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tina114
CJ730
Admin
CJ730

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Cookie Fan   Just Another Cookie Fan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 am

Hi, deciphersomethinglegible,

Sooner or later, I will end up spelling your name with a typo, LOL, so I'm sticking to copying and pasting. Welcome and glad you found us! Enjoyed reading your introduction. Not sure if you are considered a "puma" (a woman in her 30's and dating men in their 20's) or a "cubgar" (18 to 39). But I definitely won't call you an Archie, for sure!

DA is really sweet and he's got a good voice. His fans are into boy band cute guys who sing ballads. He's the perfect type for young girls who are into that. They are too young to appreciate and understand singing that comes from the soul and life experience, not to mention a voice with some grit and substance. Not to say Archie doesn't sing from his heart. Like Cookie says, it's like comparing apples to oranges. They are just completely different. So you either are into one or the other. I am actually glad the two Davids ended up in the top two. Doubt the experience and promo appearances would be as much fun for Cookie if Syesha was the runner up. She just doesn't get his sense of humor! ARGH!

CJ730
Back to top Go down
deciphersomethinglegible

deciphersomethinglegible

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Cookie Fan   Just Another Cookie Fan I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 1:17 pm

i totally agree...i was just saying that Cook seems to be very versatile (ex. Music of the Night...and the George Michael intro in the season finale) and does well in everything Idol put him thru! he's the whole package!
i'm actually 38 so i'm not that far off...and i don't date men in their 20s (my fiance is 46 and i'm normally attracted to older men)...in fact, i didn't have any kind of physical attraction (i'm almost embarrassed to admit this...) to Cook until the season finale...there was just something about...wait! i remember what it was! Embarassed (thoroughly embarrassed now!) it was when he did Sharp Dressed Man and the little ....what would you call that? the "leg" thing he did! Embarassed ok, back on topic...what was it? oh... Embarassed ...yes, i was saying...oh well...yes, i was screaming at the tv when Syesha showed she didn't get the pirate joke! "IT'S ARRGH!" LOL
oh yes, the physical attraction part...well, what can i say...i think he surprised a lot of people as i believe he was the biggest transformation of the whole season!
maybe i'm a bit biased but after the shock of MJ and then Carly getting voted off....well, i couldn't stand it anymore and didn't trust the vote...so my mom, my fiance, a friend of mine, and i started punching those buttons on the phone! my mom and i took turns passing a 3rd phone back n forth (and my mom's 57 btw and loves Cook as much as anyone!)...and one night we were even voting for Syesha once in a while! Syesha was the one, we believe, who improved each and every week...at first, she wasn't even one of our favs but she amazed us...and we're rock-lovers thru and thru!
ok, i'll admit, Archie had his moments too...i have to say i LOVED Imagine and Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me and his nervous giggles were kinda cute but i'm not so sure he was mature or, for lack of a better word, versatile enough for Idol-winner status...and to be perfectly honest, i didn't want to see another season like last year...i just felt that it turned into being more of what Simon would call a "popularity contest" because the "talent" really belonged to Blake Lewis (and not just because i liked his rendition of Bad Name LOL) but i had no doubt in my mind that he was gonna get somewhere anyway!

Boy, i'm just sooooooooo opinionated tonight but i'm guessing i'm in the right place for that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tina114
yiddidea

yiddidea

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Cookie Fan   Just Another Cookie Fan I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi deciphersomethinglegible! I may shorten that to dsl. Wink I love that lyric so awesome username! I have to agree with you about the Sharp Dressed Man performance. I was a Cook fan before that, but I think my fandom went into overdrive after seeing that....lol.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I am a relative newbie around this forum but I just jumped right in and have been on a bit of a posting frenzy of late.

Oh, Bon Jovi rocks! I have seen them 3X in concert, once at Giants Stadium. They never dissapoint!
Back to top Go down
http://yiddidea-icons.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Cookie Fan   Just Another Cookie Fan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Another Cookie Fan
Page 1 of 1