David Cook Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Cookified One!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello DC nuts!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott
Admin

Hello DC nuts! Empty
PostSubject: Hello DC nuts!   Hello DC nuts! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:00 am

Hi, I'm Scott. I'm 48 yrs old. I live in Southern California... a mere 1.7 miles from TV City where DC rocked it every week on AI!
I love nearly all forms of music from Streisand to Springsteen. Well, country not so much. I'll put on classical from time to time, and while I have a love for show tunes, and enjoy dance music when I'm out clubbing it (which is not too often these days), my prefered music is rock. I grew up on classic rock of the 70s and loved it when grunge kind of brought back seroius rock in the 90s. That said, I listen to a lot of post grunge and other alternative rock, but I also like commercial and pop-oriented rock just fine - as long as it's good! That's one of the many reasons why I'm a huge Cook fan. He can straddle that indie-rock and pop-rock position as well as he straddles tenor & baritone. Plus he's smart, and has demonstrated numerous times that he's a man of great integrity, good manners and has a playful sense of humor. Pretty great qualities in a world where they seem to be lacking! Of course, he's got a killer voice. Truly one of today's great vocalists.

Steve & McDavid... btw, this is the same Scott that joined the previous forum the other day. Again, thanks for putting a link on DCC to flamingnose.blogspot.com. For those who might be interested, The Flaming Nose is a blog site dedicated to, and run by, TV fanatics! I've posted numerous David Cook and American Idol topics there.

Last edited by Scott on Fri May 30, 2008 2:27 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : added information)
Back to top Go down
http://flamingnose.blogspot.com
CJ730
Admin
CJ730

Hello DC nuts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello DC nuts!   Hello DC nuts! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi Scott,

Nice to meet you. My old posts from the previous forum got all deleted so I'm a bit cautious about posting too much at once.... Grew up in San Fernando Valley myself. Currently living in AZ. My main musical interests are jazz/R&B. But my tastes are flexible and diverse. Enjoyed reading your post. Will check out your blog soon. I'll write more next time.

Take care,

CJ730
Back to top Go down
Steve
Admin
Steve

Hello DC nuts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello DC nuts!   Hello DC nuts! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Hey Scott! Very Happy Of course, I remember! I read some of your entries about DC, and they were excellent!
My type of music is pop rock, to alternative rock. That's why I rooted for both Daughtry and Cook. Too bad Daughtry had to leave earlier than expected, but hey, look at him now. I believe DC is gonna be big, he has the presence, and it is a huge possibility that he will outsell all the other Idols. The music that he makes is a given. He has this certain appeal to viewers, specially to the females, making them want to know him more. Plus the guy is genuine, and we all know why.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://davidcook.oxyhost.com
McDavid
Admin

Hello DC nuts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello DC nuts!   Hello DC nuts! I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:20 pm

Hey Scott!!! Very Happy

TV Fanatic? I'm a TV Fanatic! I watch a whole lot of TV Series, aside from American Idol. It's my guilty pleasure (I somehow lost my life downloading all day. Laughing) Anyway, I'm Celest. I'm 18, from the excruciating hot islands of the Philippines! Nice to meet you guys here. Smile

What I liked about Cook is that he's different. He stands out. and that, for me, is something. definitely something. He also stays true to his identity as a musician, not to be swayed by fame, (or even record producers.) and I really, really, really hope he stays that way. He knows his music, his identity and he sticks to that. That's why I like about him. Plus the killer voice...and the killer looks. (I'm a female specie--coined from steve, so I just had to insert that. Laughing)

I'm not much of a music geek. I don't know much about the ins and outs of the music and the industry. But I could say I know one good musician when I see one. Smile

See you guys around. Let's be posting machines here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello DC nuts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello DC nuts!   Hello DC nuts! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello DC nuts!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
David Cook Talk :: Introduce yourself!-
Jump to: